Monday, September 15, 2008

Let There Be Blog...

Greetings to everyone who is reading this. I appreciate both of you very much! I must admit, I've always had a slightly prejudiced opinion against bloggers. After reading too many blogs that contained a minute-by-minute account of someone's random day or how they had some quasi-spiritual experience over a bowl of frosted flakes, I may have become a little jaded. Narcissism run rampant , I thought. What makes any individual think that the collective world would be concerned with a rundown of what you are wearing, doing, eating, enjoying and thinking on any given Tuesday? But then I remembered that I had never read a blog against my will. Each time I wade through the great sea of cyberspace to find blogs by friends, acquaintances or people I "know", I willing subject myself to any fickle thoughts or actions they find interesting enough to throw out there. If I continue reading their offerings, then on some level I must be interested in what they have to say. After stumbling across this epiphany, and also having a friends blog help me survive 5 or 6 hours of boredom in an ER waiting room, I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? So I've enlisted myself into the blogger ranks; holding my keyboard aloft and marching to the tune of my own meanderings. Let's just see where this little road leads...   

1 comment:

Lani said...

oh my.... I find your header... staggering. Great quote.